When should I take my child to the doctor for flu symptoms?
You should seek immediate medical care in an emergency center if your child exhibits any of these core warning signs: Return of flu-like symptoms with worsened fever, cough. Fast or troubled breathing. Cyanosis, a bluish discoloration of the skin.
How do I know if my kid has the flu?
What are the symptoms of the flu in a child?
- Fever, which may be as high as 103°F (39.4°C) to 105°F (40.5°C)
- Body aches, which may be severe.
- Sore throat.
- Cough that gets worse.
- Runny or stuffy nose.
Should I take my kid to the doctor for the flu?
It’s important to pay attention to any signs of flu complications. Alert your pediatrician if your child has a high fever for more than 48 hours, is getting sicker, or is not better. (That’s over 101 degrees in kids who are at least 3 months old — for younger kids, call the doctor for any fever).
How can I treat my child’s flu at home?
How to treat the flu at home
- Consider using a cool mist humidifier to soothe an irritated or sore throat.
- Only for children older than 1 year, give a teaspoon of honey prior to brushing their teeth to help with nighttime cough. …
- For children who are too young to blow their nose, use a bulb suction to remove mucus.
7 февр. 2018 г.
Will I get the flu if my child has it?
If your child has flu, it’s difficult not to catch it as you can’t declare an exclusion zone around a three-year-old. You can, however, keep them away from unvaccinated, vulnerable people.
At what stage is flu contagious?
People with flu are most contagious in the first three to four days after their illness begins. Most healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick.
When should you go to ER for flu?
When to go to the ER for flu symptoms
Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath. Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen. Sudden dizziness or frequent dizzy spells. Confusion.
How many days does the flu last?
For most healthy people, the flu is an uncomfortable but short-term illness that resolves itself as the immune system fights it off. Symptoms usually appear from one to four days after exposure to the virus, and they last five to seven days.
What happens if the flu is left untreated?
Left untreated, the flu can cause: ear infection. diarrhea. nausea.
What do you feed a child with the flu?
You may try:
- Breads, crackers, and pasta made with refined white flour.
- Refined hot cereals, such as oatmeal and Cream of Wheat.
- Fruit juices that are diluted by mixing half water and half juice. …
- Frozen fruit pops or gelatin (Jell-O) are good choices, especially if the child is vomiting.
3 июл. 2019 г.
Can you catch the flu from being in the same room?
Cold and flu viruses are not airborne. You can’t catch a cold just by being in the same room as someone who’s sick. You generally have to come into direct contact with their oral or nasal secretions.
What is the fastest home remedy for flu?
We’ll review 10 natural remedies and explain how to use them, and why they can help.
- Drink water and fluids. Drinking water and other fluids is even more important when you have the flu. …
- Get plenty of rest. …
- Drink warm broth. …
- Up your zinc intake. …
- Rinse with salt water. …
- Drink herbal tea. …
- Apply essential oils. …
- Use a humidifier.
10 апр. 2019 г.
Which is best medicine for flu?
But if you have a severe infection or are at higher risk for complications, your doctor may prescribe an antiviral drug to treat the flu. These drugs can include oseltamivir (Tamiflu), zanamivir (Relenza), peramivir (Rapivab) or baloxavir (Xofluza).
How do you get rid of a flu cough?
You can’t cure colds or the flu, but you can relieve the cough and sore throat that sometimes come with them.
- Use cough drops or hard candy. …
- Try a teaspoon of honey. …
- Drink up. …
- Heat up that drink. …
- Use cough medicine. …
- Use a decongestant. …
- Breathe in steam.
1 сент. 2020 г.